Recent Twitters

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Lord Spare me from Trolls

Ok... so I hang out at a forum that I'm not going to name here and a conversation started with this question... [names changed to make me laugh]

Canada Guy wrote:
Is it true that there are some states down there where they just plain don't teach Evolution? I just found that out a few weeks ago and i couldn't quite beleive it.


which was answered...

Brainwashed wrote:
No it's required teaching by the liberal religious machine.


I don't know what I was thinking... I took the bait and posted back...

Cheyenne wrote:
No Science is required teaching - Evolution is just a part of that whole. And no state in the Union has banned the teaching of Evolution -- some backwater counties have just managed to get stickers on books that say

"Evolution is a disputed theory - and has not been proven to be fact"

Which is laughable if you have a half-decent education. and understand the definition of Theory [when used to discribe a branch of science]. Which is...

a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena.

Biblical literalists have tried to put creationism on the same level as Evolution by renaming it the Intelligent Design Theory. But no matter what you call it, creationism has never been able to meet the criteria to be accepted by a true Scienist. Only those that are getting paid by the Trinity Broadcasting Network.


which got this response... emphasis mine.

Brainwashed wrote:
Yes, Science is required, but evilution[sic] is just a theory, unproven.

I see you're going with the new 'liberal religious machine' approved definition. Which says accepted knowledge like a pagan charm. Ask any 'skin head' if the holocaust happened, and their accepted knowledge says no.

Obviously you are a child of the liberal religious machine and view anything you don't agree with as being unproven. Evilution has been proven to be a wack job. It is still only a theory, unproven and continually tested.


Evilution? You are kidding me, right? Talk about yer wack-jobs. Apparently I am also comparable to Nazi Skin-heads because I belive in the sound foundations of Science... and what the hell is the liberal religious machine?

Let me say this once more for 'tards in the back... SCIENCE IS ABOUT REPRODUCEABLE RESULTS. EVOLUTION HAS REPRODUCEABLE RESULTS! Go to a dog show and tell me that there is no such thing as adaptive radiation.

I view anything I don't agree with as being unproven? Mr. Kettle this Mr. Black talk among yourselves and leave me the fuck out of it.