Recent Twitters

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Four more years...

...of American soldiers being used as cannon fodder.

...of scientific decisions being made by people who believe in a ghost in the clouds.

...of debt that our children and grandchildren will have to pay off.

...of racists and lunatics for judicial appointments

...of looting the treasury and squandering it on corporate cronies.

...of making enemies faster than we can kill them.

...of fear and darkness and racism and hatred and stupidity and guns and bad country music.


I look at the big map and all of the red in flyover country and I feel like I've been locked in a room with the slow learners. We have become the country that pulls a dry cleaning bag over its head to play astronaut.



thanks to Tbogg for the above


and a big "Thanks alot Fucktards" to the rest of you fucking blind mother fuckers. kisses.

(EDITORS NOTE... I've gotten alot of flack over the above and a lesser man would admit defeat and remove this entry, pretending that it never happened... but I'm leaving it as a document of my attitude at that moment in history. As some have stated in the comments section, it really doesn't sound like me. that's because it wasn't -- it is a re-post from another blog "Tbogg" and just struck a harmonic resonance with me at the time. I have many friends in the "flyover" states and have even been given to loving flights of fancy about moving there -- for the low cost of housing and proximity to the summer conventions. To whit... I love my midwestern brothers and sisters, and my anger is truly only aimed at the hatemongers that seek to undermine the true morals of this great liberal-founded nation of ours)

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

Hey Josh.

I don't think Bush is evil because he is a political opponent. He is evil for the evil he does.

As for the collective "Left" becoming fascist let me say two things...

1)- There are freaks on the fringes on both wings that I'm sure embarrass each party. Lumping them all together is a false depiction of "The Left"

2)- As someone with a Political Science degree would know, Fascism is defined as a system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism... that sounds like the Bush administration to me.

I don't hate people of faith either. But I loath people that allow themselves to be swayed from their faith by "Christian" panderers that use faith to smokescreen patently Un-Christian actions.

We have two choices with George W. Bush. He is either a stupid man, or an evil one. You say I should know my enemy... and once I understand what moves him, then I can change his mind. Well I do understand what moves him. Money. that is the root of this war... the root of this Administration.

Faith, Freedom, Security... these are all the lies and distractions they are using to occupy the discussions and keep people from talking about the truth. the Neo-Cons want to own the Middle East. and they will shove as many Americans into the meat-grinder of war as it takes to get it.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I'm not really Anonymous, my name is Seann. Just wanted to say I'm a fan of yours and I live in what you and other hipsters on the coasts refer to as "flyover country." Just wanted to let you know, we're not all fucktards or slow learners. We didn't all vote for Bush. In fact if you'll study the election results you'll see it was close all over the midwest. Very close. So before you fling invective at Middle America, keep in mind there are quite a few of us out here who share your views - in fact, almost half of us. Of course, I'm used to folks on the coasts looking down at us, but some of us actually purchase books that feature your art, and some of us (me) have even written e-mails to game companies asking for more of it, so next time you make a blanket statement like that, realize you may be talking down to a fan. Comments like yours are what keeps the left looking like fringe lunatics. For those of us on the left who are trying to do something about Bush other than bitch and complain and fire off ill-informed blog entries (way too easy, man, I have a feeling you're better than that, and if you really cared you'd be doing something about it in the political arena), comments like yours tend to make the rest of us look stupid and drag us down.

Keep up the good work in everything else, though.