Recent Twitters

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I'm a bad bad man

I am full of guilt. I have always prided myself on my work ethic. While I'm not the most talent artist in the gaming industry, I like to think that I'm one of the most dependable.

Give me a deadline and I'll meet it. I'll cancel parties... I'll turn down movie passes... I'll say "no" to large breasted women. All in the name of making my deadlines. That is until last Friday.

Last Friday I slipped out of a perfectly nice poker party at Phil & Kaja'a and headed to meet my dealer Freddy. You might know Freddy, he maintains a fairly plain looking storefront in Greenwood called Fred Myers. Everything's for sale at Freddy's... much to my dismay.

They had what I had come for, it was even on sale. 5 bucks cheaper than the list price. I Took it to the counter. The clerk was very nice I suppose. Innocent even. I felt so ashamed I couldn't even make eye contact -- something I always try to do with retail clerks. Outside the store I ripped open the package and immediately began to devour the contents.

They say your first hit is always the sweetest. By the time I got home my heart was pounding in anticipation I could barely hear anything. I stumbled to my study and began to jack in. Good God! I had been warned how powerful it was, how taxing it could be on your system. How dangerous it could be if you couldn't handle it. I didn't care. I needed that hit and I needed it now!

As that first wave of blue washed over me I knew I was hooked. I would do anything to sneak away and squeeze out another hit. and just lie there bathed in it's cool glow.

City of Heroes. I am your bitch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

Both Shel and I can be found on Triumph. Look for Lady Gravitron.

Lauren

Unknown said...

Ah, another who has fallen to the lure that is CoH. Since I've gotten it I've spent FAR too much time being all heroic-y all over the different servers.

Virtue: Arkayne, Odin Allfather, Sir Newton
Pinnacle: Hell Beast, Soviet Bloc
Victory: John Taft (Daaaaarn right!)
Infinity: Psychic Gorilla

And yes, Cheyenne is responsible for Sir Newton as part of his Science Squad! Yes, that's what I need, Cheyenne - another character to suck away my time! ;-)